Pregnancy Justice is a collaborative nonprofit that seeks talented, mission-driven employees. We’re dedicated to equal employment opportunity and diversity. Employees can expect to be challenged, participate in cross-sectional work, and be treated with dignity and respect.
Executive Assistant – Apply here.
Job Type: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Location: Hybrid: 3 days per week required in our NYC offices
Salary Range: $78,618 – $88,949 based on experience pursuant to organizational pay scale (available upon request)
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance; FSA; Commuter Benefits; 403(b) Retirement Plan with matching; Annual paid time-off (20 Vacation days; 10 Sick days; 5 Personal days; Holiday office closure Dec. 25th thru Jan. 1st); 4 months of Paid Family Leave; Paid Sabbatical Leave Policy, Professional Development funding
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the President, and to a lesser degree, the Deputy Director, and Legal Director. The executive assistant will manage executive calendars, coordinate meetings, handle confidential information, and assist with various administrative tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Calendar Management: Maintain and organize the President’s schedule, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements. Ensure that the President is aware of her daily and upcoming commitments.
- Communication: Act as a primary point of contact between the President and internal/external stakeholders. Manage emails, phone calls, and other forms of communication, responding on behalf of the President when necessary.
- Meeting Coordination: Arrange and coordinate office-wide meetings, conferences, and appointments. Prepare meeting agendas, take minutes, and ensure the President is well-prepared for all engagements.
- Travel Arrangements: Plan and book travel accommodations for Pregnancy Justice staff, including flights, hotels, transportation, and itineraries.
Document Management: Create, edit, and proofread various documents, reports, presentations, and correspondence. Maintain organized filing systems, both physical and digital.
- Confidentiality: Handle sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion, ensuring data security and privacy.
- Database Support: Maintain a Salesforce database for the President by uploading and retrieving relevant data for meetings with donors, funders, and community partners as needed.
- Expense Management: Track and reconcile expenses, prepare expense reports, and ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines.
- Project Support: Provide support on special projects, initiatives, and events as directed by the President.
- Prioritization: Help the President prioritize tasks and manage their workload efficiently.
- Problem-Solving: Act as a resource for problem-solving and decision-making, helping the President navigate challenges effectively
- Alignment with and commitment to Pregnancy Justice’s mission and organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ administrative experience.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or in a similar role.
- Strong organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in office software and tools, including Google Workspace, MS Office Suite, and Zoom among others.
- Discretion and the ability to handle confidential information with integrity.
- Adaptability and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to work in our NYC office at least 3 days per week.
- Flexibility to work outside of regular office hours when necessary.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work is primarily performed in an office setting and/or remotely, with offsite meetings and events. Occasional travel may be required. Suitable candidates must be able to read, write, and interpret documents and perform highly detailed work. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the employee to sit, stand, walk, and bend, and may occasionally require moving files and other equipment. The Executive Assistant works full-time, 40 hours a week, between the typical office hours of 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for pregnant people and qualified individuals with disabilities, including in the application process. If you need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application or interview process, please send an email with the subject line “Reasonable Accommodation Request” to HR@PregnancyJusticeUS.org.
Pregnancy Justice is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, gender, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pregnancy Justice recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.